Monday, April 19, 2010

Black and White


I’m white, but I always wondered what it would be like to be black. One of my best friends has the most beautiful creamy, espresso colored complexion. Me, when I’m in the sun, I bake like a lobster. Once we went tanning together and after he applied some black skin care products, he had a beautiful tan. I was jealous. I asked him if there’s anything I can do to make my skin look nicer. He suggested that I get rid of some of the unsightly moles and sunspots on my body by using a skin lightening cream.

Alex, my friend, always takes good care of his skin with black skin care products. In the winter, he uses lotion all over his body to prevent dry, ashy skin. He showed me that looking good, black or white, takes attention. White people get ashy too, he said, it’s just harder to see. Ever since, I’ve always tried to moisturize and lubricate my skin, but with such sensitive skin, I have a much more limited selection of products to choose from. Plus, I already have wrinkles from being in the sun too much, and his skin makes him look like he’s ten years younger than he is. I guess I’ll just live vicariously through him, for now, at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment