Wednesday, April 4, 2012

The Truth About Skincare:

Skin Myths and Facts 

Myth: Drinking 8 Glasses of Water is All I Need for Great Skin

Fact: You need to drink water, wear sunscreen, and have a good skincare regimen to keep your skin beautiful.

Myth: My Diet Causes My Acne

Fact: For the most part, acne is genetic.

Myth: Hair Grows Back Thicker When I Shave

Fact: It doesn't actually influence hair growth or thickness. The blunt hair growing from the shaft is just an optical illusion.

Myth: My Skin Will Age Just Like My Mom's

Fact: Your skin may or may not age just like your mother's, since your dad's genetics also play a role, as well as your health and lifestyle.

Myth: Falling Asleep with Makeup On Won't Affect My Skin

Fact: Cosmetic products can leave a toxic film on the skin's surface that could cause dehydration, inflammation, irritation, and clog the pores. Take time to wash your face every night.

Myth: I Won't Get Sunburned Outside if I Have a Base Tan from a Salon

Fact: When your skin color is darker than normal it means your skin has been damaged, even if you got the tan from a salon. The burning sensation may be less, but it is still damaged.

Myth: SPF Tells Me How Much Sun Protection I'm Getting

Fact: Damaging UV light is separated into two parts: UVA and UVB. SPF only measures UVB, once thought to be the only harmful part of the spectrum. A standard to measure UVA protection in the US is in the works. Until then, choose an SPF with broad-spectrum UVA/UVB protection.

Myth: My General Practitioner Can Examine My Skin

Fact: Dermatologists are trained to know all about skin, hair and nails, so it's best to see a dermatologist if you have a skin problem.

Love,
TEAM MAKARI

No comments:

Post a Comment